Sunday 9 November 2014

SIMPLY AMSTERDAM: CANALS, ARCHITECTURE & STREET LIFE

amsterdam-canals-3.jpg


Why do we travel? I think most of us who go on the road for leisure are looking to experience something different. A change of scenery, so to speak – visual, emotional or some other kind. At least that is my motivation. I haven’t been to that many places around the world, so the last thing I want when traveling somewhere new is the feeling of “been there, done that,” even if I had enjoyed a particular there and that. Whenever I am picking a destination, the newness and uniqueness aspects (within my particular, Europhilic comfort zone) are two of the key factors in my decision.


amsterdam-architecture-5.jpg


amsterdam-architecture-3.jpg

The Netherlands offer that different-ness in spades. For such a small country, it boasts so many special identifiers: tulips, wooden shoes, windmills, cheese, bicycles, Van Gogh, ginormous pancakes and Indonesian cuisine – of which I learned just before the trip, the opulent still lives…


View original 64 more words







No comments:

Post a Comment